Decision Partners Announces the Nation's First Fully Customizable Online Financial Education Platform
Boston, September 28, 2011Decision Partners today announced that Financial Literacy 101, the nation's leading financial education program for young adults, now offers full course customization with multiple course capability. For the first time, administrators are empowered to offer fully customized financial education courses specifically tailored to the needs of students on their campus. In a matter of minutes, schools can create full-featured courses from any of the dozens of topics in Decision Partners' financial education library, including interactive exercises, graded quizzes, completion certificates, surveys, and comprehensive usage / survey reporting.
"Since we launched the first online financial literacy course in 2004, we've learned that students respond best to concise financial education that meets their unique needs," said Austin Jackson, CEO of Decision Partners. "Our new platform makes it possible for administrators to address the needs of real students on their campus, not the inaccurate stereotypes employed by so many student-focused programs. For the first time, curriculum decisions can be made by those who know students best - the administrators who serve them every day."
Offered at no additional cost to Financial Literacy 101 customers, this new program includes:
- Full customization based on a growing library of 60+ financial topics.
- Nearly a dozen "quick start" course templates, from multi-year programs to topic-specific courses on insurance, dealing with financial trouble, buying a car, paying for college, saving and investing, plus more.
- Complete assessment capabilities for all courses, including grades, pre / post-course surveys, and completion certificates.
- The ability to associate different access codes with different courses, making course assignments to different groups as simple as distributing a code.
- The ability to assign new courses to existing students - making true multi-year financial education a reality.
Implementing the Program
Financial Literacy 101 is currently used in a wide variety of contexts, from orientation programs required of all students to department-specific use by programs such as Student Support Services. The new multi-course capability opens the door to an even wider set of options, making Financial Literacy 101 the cornerstone of any school's financial education efforts.
Implementation ideas include:
- Financial aid courses tailored to applicants, new students, and graduating students.
- Yearly financial literacy courses designed to educate students over the entire student lifecycle.
- Courses for students experiencing financial and academic stress.
- Integration into "in the classroom" courses.
- One-on-one academic or financial counseling sessions using personalized exercises printed from the program.
- Entrance and exit counseling.
Free Trial Program
Decision Partners offers a 30-day trial program of Financial Literacy 101. This allows any qualifying organization to "test drive" the program with up to ten students and/or staff members - including full course customization and reporting.
To learn more about bringing one of our services to your organization, please contact us.