Official Scholarship Contest Rules
The Decision Partners Financial Literacy Scholarship is a $500 scholarship awarded
randomly to two students a year who complete the Financial Literacy 101 course on FinancialLiteracy101.org
and meet the eligibility requirements below.
Please read the following information for complete rules.
- The yearly Scholarship Contest starts on July 1 of each year and ends on June 30 of
the following year. For example, students completing the course between July 1, 2009 and
June 30, 2010 would be eligible for the 2010 award.
- To enter the Scholarship Contest, students must create an account at FinancialLiteracy101.org using an access code provided by their school and
complete any Financial Literacy 101 online course assigned by their school.
To be eligible for an award, a student must meet the following requirements by June
30 of the contest year:
- Be an enrolled college student.
- Be able to provide documentation of eligibility if name is drawn.
- Two (2) $500 college scholarships will be awarded to two separate individuals on or around July 1 of each year after the close of an annual Scholarship Contest. Each scholarship shall be made payable to the accredited college, university or other institution of higher learning as designated by the winner, in care of the individual winner. The scholarship is not assignable or transferable and there shall be no changes or substitutions.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received at the conclusion of the contest.
- The winners are fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, licensing and any other fees.
- No purchase or financial commitment is required to be eligible for the scholarship award.
- One entry per person.
- No employees, officers, directors and/or any relatives of any employee, officer or director of Decision Partners, Inc. and any related entities are eligible to enter.
- Decision Partners will randomly select two winners from the list of students who meet the eligibility requirements on or around July 1 of each year following the close of an annual Scholarship Contest. Winners will be notified by email, phone, and /or regular mail within 14 days of the drawing using the contact information available through their FinancialLiteracy101.org account. Winners will have fourteen (14) days from notification to accept the prize by responding to Decision Partners by email, phone or regular mail. Decision Partners and any affiliated organization shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts or fails to claim the scholarship, another winner will be selected in his/her place, at a later date to be determined. Decision Partners, Inc. reserves the right to interpret these rules and to make decisions concerning the award, acceptance and use of scholarships in situations not covered by these rules.
- Before the scholarship is awarded, the winner must sign a full and complete release and indemnity agreement enabling Decision Partners, Inc. to reprint, distribute and/or use the winner's name and other information related to their scholarship eligibility, education, or other personal information provided by the winner to Decision Partners, Inc. or its related entities in any press releases, advertisements, promotions and promotional materials without any recourse against such entities and each winner agrees to hold such entities harmless for such use.
- Decision Partners, Inc. and its agencies shall not be liable for any injury or damage related to or resulting from entering or winning the Scholarship Contest. By entering the program, entrants release and hold Decision Partners, Inc. and its related entities harmless from any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the program or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
- If, for any reason, the online financial literacy program is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Decision Partners, Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program, Decision Partners, Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Decision Partners, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
- Decision Partners, Inc. furthermore reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship Contest for financial or other business reasons without prior notice.
- This offer is void where prohibited by law.
- The Scholarship Contest winners will be posted on http://www.decisionpartners.org/scholarship on or after August 1 of each contest year. To obtain the winner's names, you may also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked "Attn: Scholarship Winner" to the address below.
- All questions and/or correspondence pertaining to this contest, or to receive these official rules in writing, contact Decision Partners, Inc., 160 Westminster Ave., Arlington, MA 02474.